2012/12/23

Year in Review: 2012


 You were a bit of a stunner, weren't you, 2012? You brought so much dread and misery with you and some very rough patches for my hobby and my life. I'll be glad to see you go, but some good—and some necessary evil—came from you. And for that, I can't completely say "good riddance." But if you show yourself around here again, I may ask you to step off the premises.

So, the world's still here, and so am I, so that must mean we've made it through another year. (Or close enough ^__^;) And while much of this was once again inactive on here, I have tried to remain present in some form or another.

Well, lets get to it!

Acquisitions of 2012

MG 1/100 Gundam Deathscythe Hell (Ver.EW)
HGUC 1/144 Char’s Gelgoog
HGUC 1/144 Gundam NT-1
MG 1/100 Gundam Epyon (Ver.EW)
HGUC 1/144 Zaku II FZ
HGUC 1/144 Blue Destiny Unit 1
HGUC 1/144 Psycho Gundam
HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Banshee [Unicorn Mode]
HGFC 1/144 Shining Gundam
HGFC 1/144 Shining Gundam [Super Mode]
HGUC 1/144 Quattro’s Rick Dias
HGFC 1/144 Master Gundam & Fuunsaiki
HGUC 1/144 Hi-Nu Gundam
HGUC 1/144 Kämpfer
HGFC 1/144 G Gundam
HGUC 1/144 Delta Plus
HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Banshee [Destroy Mode]
HGUC 1/144 Gundam GP01Fb
HG 1/144 Extreme Gundam
D-Arts Vile
D-Arts Zero (Type 2)
HGUC 1/144 Byarlant Custom
SD Kshatriya
HGUC Gundam The Ground War Set


It's unfortunate that almost all of these were acquired and completed very early on in the year. But that isn't such a bad thing, I guess, looking at the sheer number of them. It's only about 1/4th less than last year's grab. I did finally get a couple MG's. And great ones, too! I'm still expecting a few things, but nothing else will be completed before the end of this year, so I'll save those for the first post of next year. XD
Of course, I also started my webcomic blog, RPGags, which has been fun, so far.


It's on a small hiatus, at the moment for the holidays ^__^;;

Now for the RL side of things... Where to begin? 
We moved back to Indiana in February, rejoining with our friends and family. However, it was appearing that 3 years may have been too long and things were very shaky on a few ends, and alot of bridges were being burnt, involuntarily. A few revelations came to light,though, and finally helped start in the repairs between us (save for one). I'm glad, too, as that was the main reason we moved back...
New job is rough, traverse-wise. I'm still lacking a personal mode of transportation and rely on buses, which puts a rather heavy dent in my free time. Pay has lowered, as well, making splurges almost non-existent... Thus, the drop in new kits.

Only one release of Gundam UC this year, but it was an exciting one, at least!


Episode 5 treated us to the Banshee in action as well as the first sighting of the Unicorn's "awakened" green psycho-frame. With episode 6 due out early next year, this series will hopefully be over and done before 2014.

And, finally, for those of you on facebook, I've finally started a fan page for my art and gunpla.


I don't really share a whole lot of my art-stuff on here (banner aside), but I do hope you'll take a look through my albums, at least. ^__^;

I suppose I'll leave you all with a hint for my next expected acquirements:

As the heavy horse's complexion pales
the poisonous rose's thorns will extend.

Catch ya'll next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment