2013/12/31

Year in Review: 2013


After the beast that was 2012, A.D.2013 turned out to be a much fairer mistress. Sure, there were quite a few downs, but few were near as harsh as the last few years prior. New job, good friends, and a new life with my wife, Sarah. Those things alone help make a mediocre year great. So thank you, 2013. You're the first year in a long time that I'll actually miss.

Now that we're entering 2014, I realize that the amount of posts I've done on here barely exceed being able to count on two hands... Reviews, far less... @_____@;; I hate to make empty promises, but it's something I truly hope to rectify.

Acquisitions of 2013
MG 1/100 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee
MG 1/100 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Ver.Ka 
Super Robo Chogokin Megazord
D-Arts Mega Man
HGUC 1/144 GM III
HGUC 1/144 Rozen Zulu

MG 1/100 Tallgeese II
HGUC 1/144 Juaggu [UC Ver.]
HGUC 1/144 Unicorn Banshee Norn [Unicorn Mode]

D-Arts Mewtwo
BB Senshi Unicorn Gundam
BB Senshi Sinanju
S.H.Figuarts Green Ranger
S.H.Figuarts Red Ranger
D-Arts Ultimate Armor X
RG 1/144 Zeta Gundam

S.H.Figuarts White Ranger
HGAW 1/144 Wing Gundam

MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.3.0
HGSEED 1/144 Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina

BB Legends Musha Godmaru 
MG 1/100 Wing Gundam Proto Zero Ver.EW
S.H.Figuarts Pink Ranger
HGUC 1/144 Ex-S Gundam
HGUC 1/144 Palace Athene
BB Senshi Hi-Nu Gundam
S.H.Figuarts Armored Red Ranger
BB Senshi Sazabi
FiguartsZERO Sigma
D-Arts Bass
Revoltech Sci-Fi Woody
HGUC 1/144 Ball Twin Set
HGUC 1/144 Messala
HGUC 1/144 Gundam Ez8
HGUC 1/144 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam (Unicorn Mode)
HGUC 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam
HGSEED 1/144 Gundam Astray Red Frame (Flight Unit)

Most of my figures acquired in 2013.

Went through yet another long patch of the year with no new kits, but they weren't completely vacant times, thanks to all the Tamashii releases. Even still, I got a decent number of kits, though most of them will see completion next year. A few large pieces were completed, including my Last Shooting diorama and the massive MG, the Full Armor Unicorn Gundam.


Also, the 6th episode of Gundam UC was released, and we're all awaiting the 7th and final episode to complete the story.


My Christmas haul was nice, thanks to the efforts of my friends and wife!


And more kits have been coming through, as well, so I know I won't be bored for at least a few weeks going into the new year.


I once again apologize for the one lone review, this year, but hope to at least get a few out in the coming year. It's been busy, so I thank you for your patience, guys. ^__^;;

I hope that at the threshold of the new year, all of you step into something brighter than the one you're exiting, and you find yourself stronger, more ready to take on the battles ahead. As a man, I look forward to watching you all fight bravely!!!

行きます!

4 comments:

tat said...

Wheres your psycho gundam?

Studio OZKai said...

@T
That was built in 2012. I only showcase kits built within the year on these posts.

Unknown said...

Can you possibly take a picture of the Chogokin Megazord next to a 1/144 and 1/100 gundam? I want to see a height compare and didn't find one...

Studio OZKai said...

@Omer
It's pretty similar in size to a OWY 1/144 (about 5+"), but if I get the chance, I'll snap a pic.
You're brave to ask a question on a practically-abandoned blog. XD

Post a Comment