2012/09/20

Familiar Territory

Yeah, I haven't been able to do what I set out to do since I've come back to this blog, but that doesn't mean that I've given up, either. The MG Gundam Sandrock turned out to be in vain. Due to far too many slip-ups and a subsequent lack of motivation, I wasn't able to complete it prior to the contest's deadline. So, that model's been scrapped till I can get replacement parts for what was messed up.

As for my reviews, I've fallen even further behind due to an old ailing problem: My camera.
The thing won't stay on for more than long enough to take maybe one photo, if I'm lucky, and refuses to hold a charge. And I have no way to tether it to an USB adapter, since my PC is in a whole other room... I have another back-up camera, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the odds-and-ends of it. If I ever can, I'll use it to finish the 5-or-so reviews I've had writen for, like, 3 months, now.

The final thing, and something I've been meaning to work on since I started it back in January, was a reboot to a project I started way back in 2005...

Mobile Suit Gundam: Last Shooting Project
(Logo design by me)

As it states, it's the "Last Shooting" or dioramas from the final battles from each series. I had done a few of these previously, though in Master Grade from. However, for this reboot, I've decided to take the smaller, more cost-effective route and go with the HG 1/144 brethren. This allows me to also make stages and backdrops I was unable to do in my youth.

It's definitely a work-in-progress, as I hadn't gotten the next part to work on this. However some "things" have come out recently to help with a dilemma I had run into when I first started...

Anyway, I have a teaser pic, taken back in January when I first set forth on this project:

Once I've finally been able to continue this, you'll all be the first to know.
And, as I so often have to do, I apologize for the lack of activity. But I won't let this place die so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment