2014/12/04

Turning the coffin into shelving (Update - part 2)


Okay, returning to playing catchup here and cleaning out the cobwebs strewn about. Got a bunch more to throw your way! Also, updated the side links and my Plamo list. Figure list should be updated by my next post. So, without much further ado...


The HGAW Gundam X, the first kit released under the Across the Universal Century banner came to me as a random find in my local Hobbytown USA. I was surprisingly impressed with this kit, and remains one of my favorite builds this year.


Always seeing Gundam ZZ as a bit of an underdog, I always enjoy when its designs make it to kit form. The HGUC Döven Wolf Was a considerably interesting kit, and like the machine itself, has a lot of surprising gimmicks. Of course, also a LOT of paint work...


I have a lot of guilty love for the ∀ Gundam, and it getting its own HGCC FINALLY require swift motion from me, as this was only the third kit I ever pre-ordered. Good solid build and picture-perfect design. But did seem to be missing something...


Ah, yes. Despite its P-Bandai Exclusive status, I could not pass up the Moonlight Butterfly Effect Unit. This probably influenced my decision to get the HGCC ∀ Gundam more than anything.


The Black Lion awakens. The HGUC Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee Norn [Destroy Mode] was a very impressive change from the bare-bones version from the novels. Sadly, another kit that requires a lot of painting in large areas, but the change to clear psychoframe parts worked a lot better than one would have thought.


I got 2 kits from friend and fellow Gunpla vlogger Joe at Joe's Gunpla in a trade, and one was a kit I'd been seeking for a bit, the HG 00 Qan[T]. Solid build! I got to try some interesting new techniques on the clear parts to make them pop!


Really, did you expect anything else from me? XD
My Hobbytown USA got the HGUC Full Armor Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode] before I even had the chance to look for it online, so I picked it up hastily. The build took a... different turn as I misplaced the manual for most of its build, resulting in me blindly building it. All those previous Unicorn iterations lead to this moment, I guess. ^__^;;


This, however, I was not expecting to get for a while. My wife picked up the HGUC Kshatriya Repaired for me during a rather rough week. I was dreading this build, at first, but it actually very refreshing, with almost every part having a unique construction.And, boy, is it massive!


Another nice find at my local shop, and yet another to feed my love for monoeyed MS, the HGUC Zogok [Unicorn Ver.] was acquired. The build is nice and dense, and while it does require some painting for the thrusters, it's pretty color accurate. The heat sword, i tried blending neon Sharpies as well as some hand-shading white paint.



The second kit from my trade with Joe, the HG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G. My second kit of the 00 Gundam, the additional weapons made this one a bit of a treat! Doing the glow on the GN Drives was almost a fluke!


Despite my disdain for Bandai making  new mold for the HGCE Aile Strike Gundam right after rereleasing the old HGs in the Remastered format, I still picked it up on the cheap, and I actually was quite impressed, again. Painting is almost unnecessary, and the improved joints do make it a better-than-deserved upgrade from its 2002 counterpart.

That's it for part 2, but will have the last part of this up over the weekend! Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment